Enhanced Family Care Provider (EFC)
Title: Enhanced Family Care (EFC) Provider
Designation: Non-benefited Subcontractor; monthly stipend, compensated monthly
Responsible to: Program Manager / Program Manager Director
Qualifications: High School Degree or equivalent
- Commitment to skill development, independent living, and full community participation for all citizens.
- Successful completion of identified training (including but not limited to):
a. Community Alternatives to Restrictive Environments;
b. Certified Registered Medication Assistant (CRMA);
c. Direct Service Professional (DSP);
d. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training; and
e. Intrusive Behavior Plan Training (if applicable).
- A valid Drivers License, working automobile, and proof of Insurance;
- Proof of employment eligibility in the United States (i.e. Social Security card and permanent resident card, or employment authorization card.
- CERTIFIED copy of State issues motor vehicle and criminal record reports.
Definition and Purposes:
The Enhanced Family Care Provider will enhance the quality of life and skill development of adults with mental retardation/developmental disabilities by performing direct service and case management responsibilities for the individuals, assisting the assigned Program Manager with supervision and administration of the individual and securing twenty-four (24) hour care supervision of the individual. They will assume day-to-day oversight of the home within which they reside, serving as the core for all delivered services, an emotional anchor for the supported individual, and a role model to all staff assigned to the home.
- Exemplify Granite Bay Connections' Mission, Vision, and Values; providing opportunities for individual choice and decision-making, enhancing community participation while fostering community relationships.
- Assist Program Manager with development and implementation of house management routines. Participate in bi-weekly House Meetings.
- Teach daily living skills during morning and/or evening routines such as personal hygiene, housekeeping, cooking, etc in accordance with the Individual Service Plan.
- Assess training needs of supported individual; develop descriptive teaching programs and monitor effectiveness through data collection and progress notes.
- Maintain required documentation such as daily logs, staff notes, data collection, monthly progress notes, medication documentation, incident reports, fire drill logs, financial transactions, medication administration records, medical/dental records, etc.
- Oversee menu planning and food shopping activities.
- Produce the monthly reports, including financial and progress notes.
- Attend and participate in designated appointments to advance the rights, hopes, goals, and care of the supported individual. Assist individuals with scheduling appointments including those for medical, dental and psychological treatment as well as social security determinations, court appearances, etc.
- Facilitate individual safety by supervising activities of daily living and household routines in accordance with Program Model and/or individual's Intrusive (Behavior) Plan.
- Notify Granite Bay Connections, Inc, of any incidents impacting individual or community safety/security/rights in accordance with the state's Reportable Event reporting obligations.
- Coordinate relief coverage for program; provide orientation and training relief staff; assist Program Manager in ensuring adequate staff coverage for the program.
- Implement monthly fire drills and daily-annual program safety checks. Perform medication dispensation, ordering refills as needed.
- Ensure effective communication with GBC staff, family members, guardian, individual support coordinator, and any other individuals and agencies involved with the individual.
- Transport the individual to designated locations as required.
- Monitor and maintain condition of physical plant and report maintenance needs to Program Manager.
- Listen carefully to individual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Email your resume and cover letter including your salary expectations to [email protected]. Include your name and the position you are applying for within the subject line of your response.
- Download an application in PDF format, print it, fill it out, and mail it back to the Granite Bay Care office nearest you.
- Apply online. Click here to go to the application form.
Return to the Employment Page
Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/02/6111002/html/cutenews/inc/functions.inc.php on line 408