Respite Provider (temporary contractor)
Title: Respite Provider (Subcontractor)
Designation: Non-benefited Subcontractor; stipend, compensated bi-weekly
Responsible to: EFC Provider / Program Manager / Program Manager Director
Qualifications: High School Degree or equivalent
- Commitment to skill development, independent living, and full community participation for all citizens.
- Successful completion of identified training (including but not limited to):
a. Community Alternatives to Restrictive Environments;
b. Certified Registered Medication Assistant (CRMA);
c. Direct Service Professional (DSP);
d. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training; and
e. Intrusive Behavior Plan Training (if applicable).
- A valid Drivers License, working automobile, and proof of Insurance;
- Proof of employment eligibility in the United States (i.e. Social Security card and permanent resident card, or employment authorization card.
- CERTIFIED copy of State issues motor vehicle and criminal record reports.
Definition and Purposes:
The respite provider/companion will enhance the quality of life and skill development of adults with mental retardation/developmental disabilities by performing direct service responsibilities for the individuals, assisting the Enhanced Family Care Provider with supervision and administration of the individual while securing a 24 hour care supervision of the individual.
- Exemplify Granite Bay Connections' Mission, Vision, and Values; providing opportunities for individual choice and decision-making, enhancing community participation while fostering community relationships.
- Assist EFC Provider with development and implementation of house management routines in accordance with Enhanced Family Care Provider's Contract.
- Teach daily living skills during morning and/or evening routines such as personal hygiene, housekeeping, cooking, etc in accordance with the Individual Service Plan.
- Notify Granite Bay Connections, Inc, of any incidents impacting individual or community safety/security/rights in accordance with the state's Reportable Event reporting obligations.
- Facilitate individual safety by supervising activities of daily living and household routines in accordance with Program Model and/or individual's Intrusive (Behavior) Plan.
- Implement monthly fire drills and daily-annual program safety checks. Perform medication dispensation, ordering refills as needed.
- Maintain required documentation such as daily logs, staff notes, data collection, monthly progress notes, medication documentation, incident reports, fire drill logs, financial transactions, medication administration records, medical/dental records, etc.
- Ensure effective communication with GBC staff, family members, guardian, individual support coordinator, and any other individuals and agencies involved with the individual.
- Transport the individual to designated locations as required.
- Monitor and maintain condition of physical plant and report maintenance needs to EFC Provider, and/or Program Manager.
- Listen carefully to individual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Email your resume and cover letter including your salary expectations to [email protected]. Include your name and the position you are applying for within the subject line of your response.
- Download an application in PDF format, print it, fill it out, and mail it back to the Granite Bay Care office nearest you.
- Apply online. Click here to go to the application form.
Return to the Employment Page
Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/02/6111002/html/cutenews/inc/functions.inc.php on line 408