Direct Support Professional: Residential, Day, Overnight, Relief (non-exempt, hourly)
Title: Direct Support Professional
Designation: Non-Exempt benefited Employee; hourly wage, compensated bi-weekly
Responsible to: Program Manager / Program Manager Director
Qualifications: High School Degree or equivalent
- Commitment to skill development, independent living, and full community participation for all citizens.
- Successful completion of identified training (including but not limited to):
a. Bloodborne Pathogens
c. Intro to Developmental Disabilities
d. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training; and
e. Medication Administration Training
f. Intrusive Behavior Plan Training (if applicable).
- A valid Drivers License, working automobile, and proof of Insurance;
- Proof of employment eligibility in the United States (i.e. Social Security card and permanent resident card, or employment authorization card.
- CERTIFIED copy of State issues motor vehicle and criminal record reports.
Definition and Purposes:
The Direct Care Professional assists the Enhanced Family Care Provider as a second tier of support. Under the supervision of the Program Manager they are responsible for the implementation of the supported individual's service Plan. They promote the acquisition of daily living skills; secure vocational opportunities, and facilitate community integration.
- Exemplify Granite Bay Connections' Mission, Vision, and Values; providing opportunities for individual choice and decision-making, enhancing community participation while fostering community relationships.
- Assist Program Manager with development and implementation of house management routines. Participate in bi-weekly House Meetings.
- Teach daily living skills during morning and/or evening routines such as personal hygiene, housekeeping, cooking, etc in accordance with individual's Service Plan.
- Assess training needs of supported individual; develop descriptive teaching programs and monitor effectiveness through data collection and progress notes.
- Maintain required documentation such as daily logs, staff notes, data collection, monthly progress notes, medication documentation, incident reports, fire drill logs, financial transactions, medication administration records, medical/dental records, etc.
- Attend and participate in designated appointments to advance the rights, hopes, goals, and care of the supported individual. Assist individuals with scheduling appointments including those for medical, dental and psychological treatment as well as social security determinations, court appearances, etc.
- Facilitate individual safety by supervising activities of daily living and household routines in accordance with Program Model and/or individual's Intrusive (Behavior) Plan.
- Notify Granite Bay Connections, Inc, of any incidents impacting individual or community safety/security/rights in accordance with the state's Reportable Event reporting obligations.
- Implement monthly fire drills and daily-annual program safety checks. Perform medication dispensation, ordering refills as needed.
- Ensure effective communication with GBC staff, family members, guardian, individual support coordinator, and any other individuals and agencies involved with the individual.
- Transport the individual to designated locations as required.
- Listen carefully to individual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Email your resume and cover letter including your salary expectations to [email protected]. Include your name and the position you are applying for within the subject line of your response.
- Download an application in PDF format, print it, fill it out, and mail it back to the Granite Bay Care office nearest you.
- Apply online. Click here to go to the application form.
Return to the Employment Page
Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/02/6111002/html/cutenews/inc/functions.inc.php on line 408